Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday 5 - Olympics

Happy Friday!  The week has flown by again but I guess that's what happens when you're busy.  And I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I'm sure it will fly by too.  But first, its time to link up with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney for the Friday Five, with this week's theme being favorites.  The Olympics are almost over and I've been enjoying watching them, so I thought I'd right about 5 favorite things from the Olympics.



 
 
1. US Women's gymnastics - I pretty much loved watching everything about the US Women's gymnastics team.  They were all amazing and it was impressive how much they dominated the competition.  Though I did feel bad for poor Gabby Douglas and what she has had to deal with in the press and social media.
 
2. Usain Bolt - He is just so charming!  I really enjoyed watching him and how nice he is to his fans, his hamming it up, his camaraderie with fellow runners, and of course the running.
 
3.  New sports - This is one of the things I love about the Olympics every time.  It gives us an opportunity to see sports that we wouldn't have watched otherwise, and may not even have heard of.  I watched a bit of the trampoline, which I had no idea was an Olympic event.
 
4. World records breaking - It seems like a lot of records are being broken on the track and in the pool.  Every time, it is so exciting to see someone doing something that no one has done before.  The women's 10k was especially crazy with the world record broken by 14 seconds and lots of national records being broken as well.
 
5.  Sportsmanship - This is the other thing I love about the Olympics every time.  It seems like there are always wonderful stories about sportsmanship from teammates supporting each other to strangers from different countries reaching out a helping hand.  One of the most notable from this year is the Women's 5000 meter trials when 2 runners fell and the US runner took the time to help the other athlete up and and encourage her to finish.

There have been so many things I've enjoyed about this Olympics that it was hard to narrow it down to 5.  Sadly, there have been some negatives as well but I guess that's inevitable.  I'm concentrating on the positives though :)

Speaking of positives, cute animal videos and the Olympics.  Because why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment