Monday, September 12, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore Training Week 2

I hope everyone is doing well and had a good week!  My week was a mixed bag but I got all of my runs in, though only managed 1 strength training session.  Here's the summary.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Body Pump


Wednesday - Morning run


Thursday - Rest day

Friday - 40 minutes at the gym


Saturday - 7 mile run.  I really struggled on this one.  I don't think I've had paces this slow since I started running in 2014.  It was essentially the same route as my 6 miles last weekend so I'm not sure why it was such a struggle.  But then I realized that the temperatures were at least 10 degrees hotter, I ran out of water around mile 4, and the humidity was higher too.  The only good thing I can say about this one is at least it got done.


Sunday - Rest day.  I had meant to get in some strength training today but it didn't happen.  I got up early to volunteer at the Parks Half marathon.  I was stationed at the finish line handing out the finisher's premium, which was a really nice blanket.  I also helped unwrap all the medals before the runners began to arrive.


And in the evening, we went to see a Weird Al Yankovic concert at Wolf Trap.  This is more Mike's thing than mine but it was a really fun concert.  Weird Al puts on a great show!


So that's my week!  I hope everyone else had a good week too.  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment