Monday, January 9, 2017

RNR DC Training Week 1

Well, this was not an ideal first week of training.  The weather really got to me this week and all my training was indoors.  But it is what it is.  And it's actually probably a good thing.  I haven't been running since my last half marathon on December 3rd so it's probably smarter to ease back into the training a bit.  Here's the summary and hopefully the upcoming week will be a bit better.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - strength training at home

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 3 miles on the treadmill

 

Friday - strength training at home.

 
We had a sprinkling of snow Friday but then a lot more on Saturday, when I forgot to take a photo.

Saturday - rest day.  We had an all-day, open house sort of gathering at our house with movies.  People came and went as they wanted and we had movies playing on our big screen downstairs as well as room for socializing upstairs.  This is the second year we've done it and hope to make it an annual event as it's a nice, post-holiday sort of gathering with friends.

 
We start out with kid friendly movies so people can bring their kids, the Lego Movie this year

Sunday - I had 7 miles on the training plan and it was super cold out.  Given the temperatures, the wind, and the lingering snow on the ground, I took it back to the gym.  I split it in half again and did 3.5 miles, took a break to refill my water bottle, and got on a different machine for the last 3.5 miles.  And I tried out a new Netflix show which was fun.  It's called Crazyheads in case anyone is looking for a new show.

  

So that was my week.  2 runs and 2 strength training days.  So just one run off the schedule was missed.  I'm hoping to get all my runs in this week as it should be warmer mid-week, almost up to 6o degrees!  And my Sunday long run will be with a friend in NYC so we're planning to run around central park.

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow


No comments:

Post a Comment