Tuesday, January 17, 2017

RnR DC Training Week 2

Week 2 is done!  I'm a day late on the review since we just got back from NYC yesterday evening but here is how last week went.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - strength training (jumping jacks, squats, crunches, glute bridges, clamshells, push ups, planks, calf raises and lunges)

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 45 minute walk.  It was so beautiful that I opted to go outside after work instead of on the treadmill at the gym.  But it was so dark that it was mostly walking since I wasn't sure of my footing on the sidewalk in the dark.

 
I have to admit I enjoy the houses that still have Christmas lights up!

Friday - 3 mile run in the neighborhood.  My first time running outside this Winter.  And Friday was still pretty warm so it wasn't actually cold, though I did struggle a bit with the drier air.

 
Had a problem with the Garmin and had to re-start it mid -run

Saturday - rest day since this was the day we drove up to New York.  I still managed to get in more than 10,000 steps once we got there with all the walking around.

 
Walking around Times Square in the evening snow

Sunday - 8 mile run in Central Park.  This was a beautiful run!  My first run out in the cold but I'm thankful I had beautiful scenery to distract me.  There was a bit of snow Saturday evening and it stuck in the park so that made it all the more picturesque.

 

 

So that was my week!  I hope all of you had a great week too.  This week is going to be a both off schedule too with all the inauguration stuff making things complicated.  But I'm hoping to get in strength training today, a run on Wednesday and Friday, marching at the Women's March in DC on Saturday and a long run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment