Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Five - Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon

It's finally Friday and that means it's almost race day!  It also means it's time for the Friday Five, 2.0. Many thanks to Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for this linkup!  So here are 5 things on my mind about the RnR DC Half Marathon tomorrow.




  Friday Five Linkup 2.0







1.  Weather - I think number one on everyone's mind is the weather!  It looks like it's going to be in the 20s and feel like it's in the teens at the start.  It will be up to the low 30s by the time we end.

2. Repeat race - This will be my third time doing this race.  Clearly I enjoy it :)  The weather was cold and rainy in 2015, and perfect running weather in 2016.  The first time I did this race, it was my second half marathon and ended up being a PR in spite of the rain.

Cold and rainy race in 2015

3.  Scenic course - One of the reasons I've done this race so many times is that I love the course.  It even makes up for the giant hill around mile 6.  I love that the first part of the race is around the monument and museums downtown and then it moves into the neighborhoods of the city.  Last year there was great crowd support in the neighborhood areas.  Fingers crossed that there are people out braving the cold this year as well.

4. Expo - I'm not going to get to the expo until later this evening.  It closes at 7 and I'll be getting there around 5:30 or 6.  That's the latest I've ever gotten to an expo so I hope it's not too crowded with people heading in after work.  But hey, maybe there will be some things on sale!

Expo fun at last year's expo

5. Food and friends - I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends!  We got a hotel room downtown again so we can walk to the race start in the morning.  That means we'll be sharing dinner out after the expo.  And I'm looking forward to meeting some blogger friends in person too :)  And we've also planned out a yummy post-race brunch too.  I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to it after so much time out in the cold.  Plus, a friend from California is in town so I'll be able to get some good catch up time with her Saturday evening.

So that's it for my weekend.  I hope everyone else has a good weekend too and for those of you running RnR DC tomorrow, have fun and stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment