Tuesday, September 26, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - Week 3

Oops, I'm a day late with my training recap of last week.  Things have been crazy recently with work and lots of things going on, plus another work trip this week.  But I am happy to say that even though blogging has taken a back seat, training has not.  I got in all my runs last week and I got in 2 strength training sessions, though I did skimp a bit on them.  But here are the details.

Monday - rest day with a 20 minute walk at work

Tuesday - 30 minute easy run

 

Wednesday- Strength training (I should have done 3 sets but only got 2 in)



Thursday - Speed work on the treadmill

 

Friday - unplanned rest day with a 15 minute walk after work

Saturday - 10 mile long run

 

Sunday - 45 minute easy run plus strength training moved over from Friday

 


The plan was shuffled around a bit for this week.  Initially I was thinking I would get in a run while I was in Chicago and it would be a nice way to see a bit of the city.  But as the schedule filled in and breakfast meetings kept getting added, I decided not to take a change and to get my runs in before and after my trip. So here's the plan for this week.

Monday- speed work at the gym
Tuesday - 30 minute easy run
Wednesday - travel day with strength training in the afternoon
Thursday - rest day
Friday - strength training plus traveling back home in the evening
Saturday- 45 minute easy run
Sunday- 12 mile long run

No comments:

Post a Comment