Monday, October 2, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - Week 4

Last week was a tough week for training, which I knew it would be.  I'm glad I shifted things around a bit and got in my speed work at the beginning of the week.  So I got in speed work, 1 easy run, and a long run.  I did miss 1 easy run and didn't get in any strength training.  But traveling for work always ends up exhausting since it's meetings non-stop from 7am to the evening.  At least we were staying in a different hotel than where the conference was so I got some pretty walks around Chicago in.

Monday- speed work - this one was fun.  It was a 15 minute warm up and then a ladder with 1 minute fast, one minute recover, 2 minutes fast, 2 minutes recovery, 3 minutes fast, 3 minutes recovery, and back down ending with a 15 minute cool down.

 

Tuesday - Easy 30 minute run

 

Wednesday - Rest day. I flew to Chicago and got in a 20 walk at the airport as well as a walk in Chicago.

 

Thursday- Rest day with more pretty walks around Chicago.

 

Friday - Rest day with just a walk around O'Hare.  I did at least get in 10,000 steps every day I was in Chicago.

Saturday - Rest day.  This was supposed to be a 45 minute easy run but I was just so exhausted.  I actually ended up taking two naps!  I did get some errands done and got in a 30 minute walk in the evening.

Sunday - 12 mile long run with a friend.  It was a cooler morning than my last couple long runs, which was much appreciated.  We also drove over to the C&O Canal tow path, which is an unpaved trail and pretty flat.  It was beautiful and we saw 3 separate groups of deer.

 

 

I hope everyone else had a good week!  Since I'm official in training now, I'm linking up with Courtney for the Training Recap.  I'm also  linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.

https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment