Monday, December 4, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - week 13

Hope everyone had a great week!  I can't believe it's already December and approximately just a month from my first marathon.  It's beginning to feel very real.  After yesterday's long run. I've only got one really long run left in training.  And of course, week 13 was a little unlucky but ok for the most part.  I skipped a run but it was definitely the right decision and the rest of the training went well.  Here are the details.

Monday - rest day

Our office was transformed into a Winter Wonderland for the holidays :)

Tuesday - pilates video

Wednesday - 65 minute easy run.  Well, this was the unlucky day.  I had my headlamp on for my morning pre-work run but unfortunately, I still tripped on a piece of uneven sidewalk and skinned up my knee.  I picked myself up and kept going.  To be honest, I didn't really realize in the moment what had happened.  But when I got back home, Mike pointed out that my leggings were ripped.  I had just bought them and this was the first run in them!  And then we took a look at my knee and it was pretty cut up.  Thankfully no other injuries.


Thursday - rest day - skipped my run in order to let the knee heal up a bit more.

Friday - moved Thursday's speed work here and it went pretty well. It was a 15 minute warm up, 4 x 5 minutes running and 2 minutes recovery, 15 minute cool down.



Saturday - Injury prevention strength training from Coach Laura.

We also went to see Coco in the theater Saturday evening.  It was so good!  I had some tears in my eyes at the end.  And carb loading afterwards with pizza from Mellow Mushroom.

Sunday - 18 mile long run!It says 17.59 but I forgot to restart my Garmin after a pause for a traffic light at one point.  I double checked on the map afterward and it was 18 miles :)

   

We celebrated with a delicious brunch after the long run, and I tried to keep moving with a trip to Target.  I definitely think a bit of walking during the day after a long run seems to help my muscles.  I also took an epsom salt soak and did some foam rolling in the evening.

Here's Coach Laura's plan for this upcoming week.

Monday - rest day with some recovery yoga
Tuesday - Long intervals at the track (20 minute warm up, 2 x 10 minutes comfortably hard and 3 minutes easy, 15 minute cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 60-70 minute easy run
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 50-60 minute easy run
Sunday - 15 mile long run (cut back week)

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.



https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment