Sunday, February 11, 2018

Nat'l Women's Half Training - Week 1

I hope everyone's doing well!  The weekend seemed to fly by.  And now it's already Sunday afternoon and almost time for a new week to start.  I'm happy to say my first week of training went pretty well.  I had to move things around a little bit but all my planned work outs got done.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I didn't make it home from work in time to get to Body Pump so I pulled out Jillian Michaels again.  I really like this work out and feel like it gets me a pretty good strength training time in a short period of time.

Wednesday - Speed work on the treadmill.  It was a 10 minute warm up, 10 x 1 minute running, 2 minutes recovery, 10 minute cool down.  This was a tough workout but I really enjoyed it.


Thursday - 45 minutes on the elliptical.  My knee hurt a bit from the speed work so I did my 3 easy miles on the elliptical.


Friday - Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Saturday - 6 mile long run. It was supposed to rain most of the weekend but it was still dry Saturday morning so I went out for my long run around the neighborhood.  The timing worked out well as it started to rain just as I was finishing.  And no knee pain after the run!


Sunday - 3 mile easy run. I met up with a friend at her house and we caught up during our run.  It ended up being a progression run by chance but that was generally because it was uphill on the way out and downhill on the way back. No knee pain this day either.


She also made us a delicious breakfast once we got back to her house and we had another friend over to catch up.  It was breakfast tacos with lots of veggies plus honey sriracha brussel sprouts.


So that was my week!  This coming week is a little complicated since I have evening meetings Monday and Tuesday and post-work social stuff on Friday, but that's why planning out my workouts in advance is so helpful!   Here's the plan for this week from Coach Laura.

Monday - rest with the PT appointment before work
Tuesday - Jillian Michaels before work
Wednesday - 3 miles easy after work
Thursday - Speed work after work
Friday - Body Pump lunchtime class
Saturday - 3 miles easy
Sunday - 7 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment