Monday, March 5, 2018

National Women's Half Training - Week 4

Well, it's Monday and that means it's time for a weekly wrap.  It's been a bit of a mixed week but here are the details.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - strength training at home (Squats, lunges, overhead presses, chest flys, crunches, glute bridges, clam shells, planks, bicep curls, tricep extensions)

Wednesday - Tempo run, 15 minute warm up, 20 minute tempo pace, 15 minute cool down.



Thursday - rest day

Friday - strength training at home (Squats, lunges, overhead presses, chest flys, crunches, glute bridges, clam shells, planks, bicep curls, tricep extensions)

Saturday - rest day

Sunday - 1 mile warm up from hotel to race and then St. Patrick's Day 10k. There was also a 1 mile walk back after the race.



I'll have a full write up of the race later this week but suffice it to say the best thing I can say about it is that I finished.  I was much more sore than I should have been after a 10k.

Mike had gotten me this shirt and I wore it after the race...it was appropriate!

Here's the plan for this week. 

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Body Pump after work
Wednesday - Elliptical
Thursday - Elliptical
Friday - Body Pump lunchtime class
Saturday - Elliptical
Sunday - Body Pump

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment